As a result of Friday's ruling, PennLive/The Patriot-News will very strictly limit op-Eds and letters to the editor in opposition to same-sex marriage.
These unions are now the law of the land. And we will not publish such letters and op-Eds any more than we would publish those that are racist, sexist or anti-Semitic.
We will, however, for a limited time, accept letters and op-Eds on the high court's decision and its legal merits.
The march of progress is often slow, but it is always steady.
On Friday, the United States took another step toward the ideal of equality envisioned by its founders. And we are all more free as a result.
- You Are Officially Declared a Racist Under the U.S. Constitution
- The Courage to be on the Wrong Side of History
- Lessons from Behind the Iron Curtain: How to Oppose Gender Ideology
- Bigots and Haters? Using Conformity to Normalize Same-Sex Marriage
- Canada: the Canary in the Coal Mine
- Christian Lawyers Are The New Racists