In a study that followed a group of ex-Internet porn users, a dramatic shift occurred in their well being. They were no longer depressed, and confidence increased dramatically. Wilson describes it as, "The Resurrection of Guys".
At the end of this post I have included a research paper and various articles that describe how addiction to pornography impacts the brain and reduces willpower. Note the hyperlink to two talks by Jonathon Van Maren and Daniel Gilman, which exposes how porn fuels rape culture and human trafficking.
- Porn fuels rape culture and human trafficking
- Courageous Canadians–making us proud, ProWomanProLife
- Why I stopped watching porn, Ran Gavrieli, TEDxJaffa 2013.
- Porn Culture: Sext Up Kids (viewer discretion-nudity), CBC-Doc Zone.
- Abstract: The Impact of Internet Pornography on Adolescents: A Review of the Research, Journal of sex and marital therapy, October 28, 2013.
- Abstract: Pornography addiction: A neuroscience perspective, Surgical Neurology International, February 21, 2011.
- Research Paper: Pornography addiction: A neuroscience perspective, Surgical Neurology International, February 21, 2011.
- Slave Master - How pornography drugs and changes your brain, Salvo, 2010.
- Neuroscience Speaks: How Using Porn Destroys Your Willpower, Covenant Eyes, February 28, 2014.
- This is your brain on porn, Relevant, 2012.
- Porn Generation: How social liberalism is corrupting our future, Ben Shapiro (I haven't read it yet)